A while ago, I was building a web application. It was supposed to be all fancy and cool, all these nice features bundled to it, so I started writing models, controllers, tests and all the necessary ingredients that would breathe life into my brainchild. Spent a weekend on that only to find out that the deployment process took most of the time. FTP was no valid option for the project so, I had to configure NPM tasks, Gulp tasks, SASS compilation and the rest of the steps that would allow me to publish my newly crafted code to the world.
Then, a friend asked me if I knew any solutions that would handle all these stuff because he didn’t want to spend time to write custom deployment scripts, and then another asked me the same thing.
So it stroke me, how about I build an application that actually does all these stuff for other applications... I asked around and found out that along with solving my own problem I would solve other developers’ pain points as well.
Spent my days writing this fancy new application that would allow developers to just focus on their code and not the deployment process. It would have to be as easy it gets and allow developers to seamlessly deploy anything, anywhere without too much hassle.
Here we are now, a few months later, I present to you ezploy.io, the turnkey solution to deploy your applications. At the moment, with ezploy.io, you can do the following:
- Deploy to your web servers (either SSH or FTP deployments)
- Run npm, bower, gulp, grunt, lessc, sass, bundler, rake, composer, artisan, symfony or custom tasks upon deployment by also setting environment variables, even for FTP. No need to precompile your assets before deployment.
- Restart your application servers such as nginx, apache, unicorn, passenger after the deployment is published
- Automatically deploy whenever you push new code to your repositories
- Have multiple deployment environments for the same project, that share the same or tweaked deployment configuration
- Add collaborators to your projects, so that your team can share the fun
All these are offered for free, until we drop the “beta” label which means that we offer you unlimited access to the app, all for free!
Thanks for your time,